Bunny Fans Portal

Visit My New Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Baahubali has not only Changed Telugu Cinema, but Indian Cinema as Well: Bunny

Allu Arjun is one of the hottest stars in South Indian and the best dancers in perhaps the entire country.  You have to see it to believe the crazy fan following the man has gathered in Andhra Pradesh (and Telangana), and even in Kerala. In fact, his average grossers in Telugu box office are superhits in Kerala. I am a Mallu, trust me, I have seen it!
His last film Sarrainodu was one of the biggest blockbusters of 2016. He also got a lot of appreciation and awards for his role in Rudhramadevi, and he is going to be a father for the second time. All in all, he has been having a great run in career as well as life!
In an exclusive interview with BollywoodLife, Allu Arjun talks about his career, his inspirations, his co-stars and his Bollywood plans. Read on….
You are known for your fantastic dancing skills, and are easily one of the best dancers in the country. Who do you look up to when it comes to dancing?
Thank you! I love Chiranjeevi Sir, Prabhu Dheva and I always enjoyed Govinda, Hrithik Roshan, Shahid Kapoor and off late, Tiger Shroff’s dances too. I also have a huge influence of MJ on me.
What drew you towards Sarrainodu?
The mass appeal in the story line and the director’s presentation of the idea hooked me to the film.
Did you ever think Sarrainodu would go on to be the big hit that it is today?
Honestly, I was positive that it would be a decent film at the box office. Didn’t expect that it would be among highest grossers in Telugu cinema.
Tell us a funny incident that happened on the sets of Sarrainodu.
This didn’t exactly happened on the sets but we went to Bolivia to shoot a song. It was also the first Indian film to be shot there and we were stuck in the Bolivian Airport for three hours. The whole cast and crew sat in the immigration line, laughing and cracking up for a long time.
Tell us something about Rakul Preet and Catherine Tresa, your co-stars in the film.
Rakul is one of the most positive people I ever met and very energetic. Catherine is focused, quiet and very mature.  She has a very good memory and acting skills.
Ever planning to make a Bollywood debut like your cousin Ram Charan?
Honestly, I love and respect Bollywood films. If I get the right platform with a good director and script I would definitely like to do one. I think anyone would want that!
You are going to become a father soon for the second time. How do you describe the experience of reliving fatherhood all over again?
It’s a life changing experience for anybody. I had a son first, so I would obviously wish for a girl next. But my bigger priority is a healthy baby more than anything. That’s all!
You have won so many awards for your role as Gona Ganna Reddy in Rudhramadevi. How was the experience of working in a historical film like that?
Thank you. It was a challenging role because it’s a period film with pure orthodox Telugu and a different dialect. The diction was the hard part. Glad my detailing paid off.
You have been a mass hero, you have taken on characters with grey shades, you have done supporting roles (Rudhramadevi) and you have also been a part of offbeat films like Vedam. What’s your criteria in choosing roles?
At every juncture our situation  keeps changing so does our criteria. I just want a successful film as my top priority right now.
Do you feel Baahubali has brought in a new change to Telugu cinema?
Of course, not just Telugu cinema. It has changed the whole Indian Cinema!
There are also reports that you are working with 24 director Vikram Kumar. Will this be a sci fi flick like his last film?
Yes! I am planning to work with Vikram soon. And it’s not a sci fi movie this time.
Who is your favourite co-star?
Can’t think of one specific person; everyone is unique in their own way. Trust me, I’m not trying to be diplomatic!
Which actor according to you can give awesome style cues?
More than actors I like international pop stars with their style statement. In India, I like Sonam Kapoor. She’s a notch above the rest.
Is there any actor you are keen on working with?
Alia Bhatt and Parineeti Chopra
Which is the one film in recent times you wish you had been part of?
None! I believe every actor got what they deserved, I can never wish for someone else’s spot.
How excited are you about Chiranjeevi’s 150th film?
A Lottt! It’s not just come back film…and it’s an answer to a lot of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...